Thursday 28 May 2009

Ministry of SoundMandalas*

The Ministry of Sound Mandala works in many different ways. The brief described The Ministry of Sound” as Authentic, Iconic, Hedonistic, and Maverick. The design of the Mandala is Authentic, as Mandalas have never been used in this way before. The Mandala is also Iconic, as the complexity of the design, and the colours are so different to anything else that has been seen before. The design is Hedonistic and Maverick as the mandala indicates that the Ministry of Sound is almost a religion, the hierarchy of the music world.


Completing this brief, I have learnt several important things. Though working as a group on a project has many advantages, and I usually prefer working in a team, I have enjoyed working on my own on this task. This is because I have been able to produce something that works with the logo on many different levels, something I thought I wouldn’t have been  able to do on my own. This has also given me to confidence to work on my own, as sometimes there will be jobs that I will have to work on alone.


I have learnt about my organisation skills, trying to work on this project while participating on other briefs. I felt that The Ministry of Sound Brief was sidelined while I was working on other tasks, and therefore suffered in some ways, for example, I missed the submission deadline for YCN, and I am disappointed as the mandalas are interesting.

No comments: