Thursday 28 May 2009

Drumbeat work experience- Conclusion

While I was on work experience with Drumbeat, I have learnt many aspects, of what work is really like in a design company. While working at Drumbeat in Manchester, I found the office a lovely place to sit and work, though I did find it a bit quiet compared to the hustle and bustle of the studios in college! I am not sure they have had such a chatterbox in the office, I bet they were happy for the peace and quiet after my work experience ended!


The people in the office were really kind, and you could ask them questions, and they were happy to help. I worked mostly with Tim, with the QR presentation, and also the uploading of images onto the new BUAV website. 


I liked how the office had a very relaxed atmosphere,  with a pool table and a TV, and the “think tank” there room where there is sofas and a small kitchen to chill out for a bit! The best bit was the hundreds of design books and an archive of creative review magazines, I could have been there for hours, reading all the books.


There are some aspects of my work experience that I wasn’t fond of, and that was the horrible journey into Manchester every day. I think that if I ever get a job in Manchester as a designer, I would have to honestly think about living there, as trying to get into Manchester in rush hour is horrendous! 


Working at Drumbeat, I managed to master Illustrator, something that I have wanted to do for a while, and I am really pleased. I have also decided that even though I did enjoy working at Drumbeat that I wouldn’t want to work in one office all the time, I would like to work more free lance, and this would also make my hours more flexible when I have commitments with horses.

No comments: